When contracts are uploaded to the Observatory the expiry date field asks for “Expiry Date (including extensions)”. This means that the date entered into this field must include any extension months if they are applicable to the contract. The next field on the upload form asks for “Extension Months” and the number of extension months for the contract should be entered into that field.
Because there is a possibility that the extension months will not be used, the Observatory deducts the number of months entered into the Extension Months field from the date entered into Expiry Date (including extensions) field. If there are no months entered into the Extension Months field the Observatory will not deduct any months from the Expiry Date (including extensions).
The calculation is then presented as the Assumed Expiry Date in the Current Contract Register report. It is the Assumed Expiry Date that determines whether the contract appears in the Current or Expired Contract Register.
- The Current Contract Register report shows all the contracts that are in date as of “today” (the day you are looking at the report) and any date in the future.
- The Expired Contract Register report shows all the contract that have an expiry date of yesterday (on the day you are looking at the report) and any date in the past.
If the extension months are to be used then you will need to “activate” those months in order for the Assumed Expiry Date to move forward and include the additional extension months. If the extension months are not activated then the Assumed Expiry Date will stay as it is following the Observatory’s calculation.
Activating extension months can be performed before the Assumed Date or after it; the Contract Distribution reports will also update to reflect the extension months that you have activated.
To activate the extension months:
1) Go to Compliance > Contract > Data Input > Contract Maintenance > Edit tab.
2) Search for the supplier and click on the row to open the supplier details.
3) Enter the number of extension months used in the ‘Extension Activated (Months)’ field
4) Click the Next button
5) Click the Submit button to save the change.
6) The change will be visible after one overnight refresh.