CONTRACT – Monitoring contract compliance and managing maverick spend
The Observatory’s CONTRACT functionality makes it easy to track and analyse spend with contracted and non-contracted suppliers. CONTRACT gives you answers to key questions, so enabling you to direct substantially more of your spend to those suppliers with whom you have negotiated the most favourable terms including:
- How much of your spend by category is with suppliers with whom you do, or do not, have a contract?
- What proportion of your spend by category with contracted suppliers is on national, sectoral or local contracts?
- How is your spend with suppliers with whom you do, or do not, have a contract changing over time?
- How does your spend with suppliers with whom you do, or do not, have a contract compare with your peers across the public sector?
- How many of your suppliers do you have contracts with and how does that vary relative to the total spend in any given category?
Please note, you will be prompted to enter your Observatory login details to access these resources.
Getting Started with Contract 2
There are some new Beta reports in Contract which are being collectively referred to as ‘Contract 2’.
The Getting Started guide will introduce you to the new reports and answer basic questions.
Need training? Got questions? Contact us to arrange a 121 webinar.
Uploading Local Contracts
The Observatory User Guide will take you through the steps needed to upload your organisation’s local contracts. The Data Requirements Document and template document can be used to ensure that the data that you upload contains the required information to ensure the process runs smoothly.
- Uploading Local Contracts Guide (Global)
- Local Contract Data Requirement Document (Global)
- Local Contract Template Document (US)
- Local Contract Template Document (UK)
These Observatory User Guides will take you through the necessary steps to ensure that your Contract tool is kept up-to-date to ensure that your spend with contracted and non-contracted suppliers is accurate.
Observatory Training Video – Contract Maintenance
This four part series takes you through the key features of Contract Maintenance.
Part One covers some of the basics of the tool.
Part Two demonstrates how it is possible to update the fundamental details about the contracts you have uploaded.
Part Three looks at how its possible to link a supplier record to a previously imported contract.
Part Four demonstrates how to set the usage for a contract, pinpointing the actual number of months used in the entire life of the contract.