Welcome to our new DXC Accelerator Packs, available at no additional cost to Spend Analytics subscription customers.
The DXC focus is on a data centric approach to spend analytics, with intricate and automated data transformation workflows, rich reference datasets and data experts systematically curating, improving, validating and augmenting procurement related data to deliver a fit for purpose dataset that populates the Observatory.
Each accelerator pack is built in Microsoft PowerBI, and available for users to download to use on their own environment in their organisation and is restricted to data for their own organisation. The data available in these packs is the same processed and enriched data as is currently available to users in the Observatory.
By presenting data in an analytical tool outside of the Observatory, the DXC Accelerator Packs are intended to provide an alternative method for accessing procurement data. Users can choose to use the Accelerator Packs as well as, or instead of the Observatory to meet user specific analytical requirements, as they are complementary analytical products.
The DXC Accelerator Packs allow users to self-serve the procurement analysis that they require. The PowerBI files can be tailored by customers to meet specific user requirements and answer key business questions, by adding or changing reports, tables and KPIs, as well reorganising charts within pages. Users can change the branding of the Accelerator Packs to meet their organisations branding. This level of customisation is not possible in the Observatory.
The data within the DXC Accelerator Packs, when refreshed by the user, will be consistent with the data within the Observatory.
Separate versions are available for UK and US customers, including versions with different branding.
December 2022 The current version of the accelerator pack is full release and ready for use by all customers.
In order to access data, users will need the user specific information contained on the page linked below. Please use a standard Observatory login to access.User Configuration Details
Below users can find various support documents to help get the most out of the PowerBI Accelerator Packs.Quick Start Guide User Guide
This document describes the data structure and data contents within the DXC Accelerator Packs.Data Dictionary
In the next document users will find some examples as inspiration for making changes to the Accelerator Pack for their own business goals and analysis, as well as a description as to how to achieve these outcomes. This document is not intended to be a comprehensive step by step guide, instead users should view these examples as pointers for how they may wish to develop the Accelerator Packs.Customer Use Stories
If you have any examples of your own you would like to share, please email details to the Support Team.
Should you encounter any troubles, please check out the User Guide above or the following FAQs. Alternatively please reach out to the Support Team.Frequently Asked Questions
Detail of the contents of the DXC Accelerator Packs can be found in the above User Guide. A summary of the contents is provided below.
The accelerator pack consists of 8 pages, as described below. Users can navigate between pages using the tabs at the bottom of the window, or from the buttons on the ‘Filters and Navigation’ page.
• Filters and Navigation – This is the default page shown when opening the Accelerator Pack. This provides high-level guidance on using the application, as well as the opportunity to set filters and navigate to the other seven pages.
• Summary – Contains KPIs, charts and tables showing a high-level summary of the procurement spend for the organisation, across a variety of aspects.
• Profile – Contains KPIs, charts and tables showing the profile of the supplier base, including analysis by supplier vCodes, internal spend categories and the distribution of spend within the organisational structure.
• Transactions – Contains KPIs, charts and tables providing analysis of the transactions made to suppliers
• Management – Contains KPIs, charts and tables providing analysis of the management of spend including Transaction Type, Payment Type, Purchase Orders, and PCard.
• Geography – Contains KPIs, charts and tables providing analysis of the location of suppliers.
• Size – Contains KPIs, charts and tables providing analysis of the size of suppliers.
• Data – Contains a table of the line level data in the report. This is the lowest level data and is the basis for all reports in the application. This data has been processed, cleansed, and enriched by DXC. The data in this tab is subject to any filters set in the other pages.
PowerBI training is not provided as part of the Spend Analytics standard support service, we can offer paid for training courses if required. The Microsoft learning site provides comprehensive training if you are unfamiliar with PowerBI.
Observatory login details are required to download resources.